Sunday 19 February 2012

A Tiny Telegram Review: No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream


No7 Beautiful Skin BB cream £12.95*
So, a few weeks ago I picked up Boots new Beautiful Skin BB cream. I'm not one for wearing any sort of foundation, I can never get the colour or application right, and it's all a bit much like effort. Recently though I've felt the need for something a little extra to help my skin look less dull. So, I decided to give the new No7 one a go. This cream boasts a 3-in-1 formula which evens out and enhances skin tone, and hides imperfections, which sounds to good to be true...

I've been wearing it for a few weeks now, and while I do find the feel of the cream light and moisturising, I found that the pigmentation was perhaps a little to pink/orange for my complexion, which is a real shame.  It does a good job at evening out the skin tone quite subtly, without a cake-y finish, or noticeable blend lines, and lasts for most of the day without re-application - I do however, feel that the claim it 'hides imperfections' is a little exaggerated, it is really only a tinted moisturiser, not a full coverage foundation - so concealer would be needed.

Overall I would buy it again, though only when the No7 £5 voucher offer is running, as I think £12.95 is a little steep for a product which doesn't totally suit my complexion. I do think it would be beneficial to widen the tone range, as Fair or Medium seems a little limiting, especially as skin tone changes through out the year. If they did this I wouldn't hesitate to pay full price. As for my first foray into foundation - it wasn't bad at all.


*Bought with a £5 discount voucher for £7.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...